Proficiency testing is a powerful quality assurance tool that enables laboratories to monitor their performance and compare their results against similar laboratories.
How data is generated and used during proficiency testing:
- Samples are shipped to participating laboratories based on the shipping deadlines.
- These samples are processed by the testing laboratory using normal cannabis testing procedures.
- Results are submitted to PTC by the deadlines indicated in the instructions.
- Detailed confidential results are reported back to the testing laboratory.
- Sample summary report containing detailed summary statistics and graphical representation of the data.
- Laboratories can then compare their results against every other laboratory participating in the same round.
- The data can be used to reinforce testing methods or allow laboratories to identify and make adjustments to their procedures.
- Subsequent rounds of proficiency testing to provide continuous validation or refinement to your adjustments, can be continued.